Bay Area Soccer Association Scholarship Program
Thank you for your interest in the Bay Area Soccer Association Scholarship Program. This scholarship is given annually to high school seniors graduating during the program year.
Here are the requirements applicants for the scholarship must meet and complete:
- Applicants must carry a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and must be accepted at an accredited university, college, community or junior college, or other institute of higher learning.
- Applicants must have participated at BASA in some fashion (player, referee, coach, volunteer) for a minimum of eight (8) seasons.
- Applicants must complete the Bay Area Soccer Association Scholarship Program Application.
- Applicants must submit, along with their application, a typewritten essay on the topic “How Soccer Has Helped Me as an Individual” (see application for more details).
- Applicants must submit, along with the application and essay, a copy of their most recent official high school transcript.
- Applicants must personally apply for this scholarship.
- Finalists for the scholarship may be asked to take part in an interview with BASA Board of Directors.
- Applications must be received no later than May 1. BASA is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION & ACCOMPANYING MATERIALS TO:
Bay Area Soccer Association
Attn: Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 1397
Bay City, MI 48706-0397
Download application HERE